Listening to God
- Your Word is a lamp to my
feet and a light to my path.
- Psalm 119:105
- God's Voice
- How do we here Godís voice? What does Godís voice sound like? Would you like for God
to speak to you? Do you know God speaks to us in different ways, it maybe through
scripture (2 Tim 3: 16-17), in prayer (John 10:27), gifted teachers (Romans 12:
6-8), difficulties (Psalm 119: 67-68), impression of the Holy Spirit (John 14:
26) or maybe through His creation (Psalm 19:1-2).
- Godís Word
- Today Gods primary way of speaking to us is through his word. Our Bible is not just a
book it is the authoritative Word of God. When reading it weíre hearing
directly from the Lord. Keep in mind that all other methods of listening to God
must be checked and compared with the scriptures to determine if we are
accurately hearing Him.
- Preparing Your Heart to Hear Him
- Listening to God requires making time for Him. Sometimes we need to stop, turn the volume
of life down, and spend time in His presence. Psalm 46:10 says - Be still, and
know I Am God. There are many things that can distract us from spending time
with God. We live in a world of noise. Listening to God requires a deliberate
choice to shut out the chaos around you and focus on the word of God. Remember
the story of Martha and Mary in Luke 10:38-42; there is no doubt as to why Mary
was sitting at Jesusí feet, she had truly learned what was most important Ė The
Word of God. She chose to spend time listening to Him, instead of busying
herself with the things of the world.
- How much time do you spend in the word with God?
- Thought to Remember
- When we stop striving and dive into His Word we open the door to hear God and experience His many blessings.